Who we are
blockbird is an innovative collective of like minded folks, based in sunny Lisbon, on a mission to democratize and spread blockchain and distributed ledger technologies. We believe impactful innovation happens at the intersection of entrepreneurship, corporations and academia. Together we hope to pioneer and pave the way for widespread blockchain and distributed ledgers adoption.
What you should expect
You will spend part of your summer contributing with your knowledge and experience to our blockbird Labs business. At the Labs, we work at various distributed ledger technology projects and we believe in the power of sinergies and serendipity.
You can expect:
- Co-working space at the center of Lisbon
- Gym Pass (35€/month)
- Transportation Pass (37,60€/month)
- Meal Voucher (175€/month)
Working directly with the founding team we’d love to count on your contribution at the very early stage of our business. We understand that you might not have a lot of experience but you definitely stand out as a critical thinker coupled with a get s**t done attitude.
- This role is leaned more towards those who:
- Are still enrolled at University or have just graduated
- Prefer a startup and entrepreneurial environment
- Are curious about blockchain technology (preferably have a notion of what it is)
- Are comfortable with fast paced, sometimes unpredictable working days
- Like (love) the areas of new business modelling, strategy and fundraising
- Are challenged by thorough business research and analysis
- Feel at ease with important financing projects and grant application
About the role
- Work with the founders in defining new business models for existing and new Lab Projects.
- Lead research and data gathering, as well as helping with overall coordination of the Projects.
- Research grant and funding opportunities, completing competitive analysis, strategy recommendations, and assessments of grant opportunities and government RFP’s (Requests For Proposals).
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with the team to develop specific, relevant, achievable goals and objectives for contracts and proposals.
- Build and maintain expert knowledge of funding programs, follow research findings and trends, and use this knowledge to prepare funding requests and reports.
Start Date & Duration
July 2018 | 2-3 months (depending on your availability) with possibility to become full time job.