Software Engineer – blockbird.data
blockbird.ventures is an innovative collective of like minded folks, on a mission to democratize and spread blockchain and distributed ledger technologies. Together we hope to pioneer and pave the way for widespread adoption of blockchain and decentralized solutions.
blockbird.data is the arm of our company focusing on privacy and personal data solutions. We believe personal data privacy is a basic human right, this is why we are building a next-generation Privacy Management Software.
Why join us
- Help us build the future of personal data privacy
- Know that your work will play an important role in people’s lives
- Create novel solutions in a forward thinking and open team environment
- Learn to mash together different technologies in innovative ways (big data, analytics, blockchain, data visualization)
- You have a background in computer science
- Knowledge and experience of Blockchain technology is not mandatory although it is a plus
- You have demonstrated skills in building ‘stuff’ that works
- Ability to quickly understand new projects and tooling systems
- You enjoy learning/playing with data and presenting insights in novel and engaging ways
- You have experience with installation, configuration and management of Linux-based Operating Systems, including shell scripting
- Hands-on experience with various databases and data structures (SQL and NoSQL)
- You are familiar with enterprise grade applications that have high availability, strong security and large scale data throughput
- You have a high-level understanding of public-private key encryption protocols
- Knowledge of modern web development frameworks
What you should expect
Building the future. At blockbird.ventures we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create the World of tomorrow.
A dynamic startup environment. blockbird.ventures is one of the first Portuguese startups truly working in the blockchain space with a unique focus on the technology and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare.
Continuous learning. You’ll be constantly exposed to new languages, frameworks and ideas as you work on different projects – challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
Deep technical and business challenges. There is much work to be done before blockchain platforms and applications can scale to the order of millions of users. At blockbird.ventures we are constantly thinking about how can we rapidly take our products and solutions to market.
We value people’s work so we offer them competitive salaries.
We believe a rested mind is a productive mind so we give you 25 days of paid vacations (instead of 22)
We have an always-learning mentality so we offer you the latest blockchain training courses for free.
We stand for work-life balance. Our working schedules are flexible and you definitely shouldn’t be in the office after 6pm.
We don’t care where you work from. If you like to sometimes work from home or a cafe, remote work is fine.